Samba 2.2.2 --with-ldapsam configure error

Philip Burrow phil.burrow at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 1 16:14:19 GMT 2001

Thanks for your replies guys.

If I'd known it needed OpenSSL I wouldn't have deleted its source tree prior
to messing with samba!

I have installed OpenLDAP, run its tests etc and all is well, however the
only command line args I supplied were --with-ldapsam

> LDAP support
> relies on the OpenLDAP libraries which in turn depends on the OpenLDAP
> libraries if you have TLS/SSL support in OpenLDAP. The latter aren't
> explicitly linked into OpenLDAP which means that whoever wants to link
> with OpenLDAP also needs to link with OpenSSL.

I will bear this in mind when I have a blast with it tomorrow.

> Check the log file. If there is a bunch of symbol referencing errors that
> look like SSL stuff you need to add 'LIBS="-lssl -lcrypto"' to your
> configure command and possibly also the OpenSSL library/include locations
> to LDFLAGS/CPPFLAGS.

Thanks Erik I will have a look deeper into the log files and try and resolve
it from there.

Regards,

Phil.