Samba 2.2.2 --with-ldapsam configure error

Erik Persson erik at roxen.com
Sat Dec 1 12:43:03 GMT 2001

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Philip Burrow wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been attempting to configure samba 2.2.2 with LDAP and it simply wont
> configure (configures fine without). I have read here that samba 2.2.2's
> LDAP support is "broken" so I assume this is the problem. The only argument
> to configure I am using is --with-ldapsam and I get this at the end of
> configure:
>
> checking configure summary
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
>
> and in config.log:
>
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 12521 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> #include "./tests/summary.c"
>
> I have also read there are patches but I can't find anywhere where I can get
> them. I have checked www.samba.org and the recent posts in this list (as I
> am a relatively new subscriber) to no avail.
>
> Does anyone have any info?

It would help if you also included the lines from the log that holds the
actual compiler, preprocessor or linker error. Anyway, I have been
tinkering around with LDAP support in Samba 2.2.2 over the last few days,
and have gotten similar failures due to the fact that the LDAP support
relies on the OpenLDAP libraries which in turn depends on the OpenLDAP
libraries if you have TLS/SSL support in OpenLDAP. The latter aren't
explicitly linked into OpenLDAP which means that whoever wants to link
with OpenLDAP also needs to link with OpenSSL.

Check the log file. If there is a bunch of symbol referencing errors that
look like SSL stuff you need to add 'LIBS="-lssl -lcrypto"' to your
configure command and possibly also the OpenSSL library/include locations
to LDFLAGS/CPPFLAGS.

/Erik

--
Erik Persson, System Manager            <erik at roxen.com>
Roxen Internet Software                 Voice:  +46 13 376817