Samba 2.2.2 --with-ldapsam configure error

Philip Burrow phil.burrow at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 1 11:44:02 GMT 2001

Hi

I've been attempting to configure samba 2.2.2 with LDAP and it simply wont
configure (configures fine without). I have read here that samba 2.2.2's
LDAP support is "broken" so I assume this is the problem. The only argument
to configure I am using is --with-ldapsam and I get this at the end of
configure:

checking configure summary
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

and in config.log:

configure: failed program was:
#line 12521 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "./tests/summary.c"

I have also read there are patches but I can't find anywhere where I can get
them. I have checked www.samba.org and the recent posts in this list (as I
am a relatively new subscriber) to no avail.

Does anyone have any info?

Cheers,

Phil.