NT and W2k together on Samba 2.2

Michael Baker dhbaker at rmci.net
Mon Apr 30 03:36:38 GMT 2001

I have configured a NT 4.0 machine and a Windows 2000 Pro machine both to authenticate on my samba domain server. The authentication works great, exactly as in the faq and howto, but I am having some problems with the groups and permissions on the shares. Is there a way in 2.2 to create and set groups of users for the domain? What are the Domain Users and Domain Admins groups that appear? When I try to access shares on the NT 4.0 machine from the w2k machine I get an error that says something about the w2k machine not being trusted, though it allowed me to log into the domain, so it should have the trust account set right..

If anyone can help, thanks in advance..

Michael