More on locking -- WAS: SMBD's go into "D" (uninteruptable sleep) and never wake up

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Apr 29 12:42:34 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> That would be "on-par with IRIX in NFS-SMB locking at the
> kernel level" - Solaris has no support for that, but IRIX
> does.

Okay, since I got you here, I saw the new Samba 2.2 has "on-par"
locking between Irix and Linux 2.4.  Very good and I'm playing with
both now.

But in prior versions, it seemed that Solaris supported kernel-level
oplocks (level 1) whereas Linux (or FreeBSD or Irix) did not?
Please correct me if I am wrong (or talking about an even prior
version).

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith         chat:thebs413 @AOL/MSN/Yahoo