Password changing?

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Fri Apr 27 16:31:23 GMT 2001

Tom,
	Do you have the guest account option turned on in the smb.conf? I
was having a similar problem and when I created a valid guest account
password changing worked properly. I think this is because Samba 2.2.0
changes a password by first attaching to the $IPC share and then running
the password change. But the behaviour is that you only attach to the $IPC
share as the guest user.

						Hope it helps,

						Joe Meslovich

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                College Box 499
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343