Password changing?

Tom Hudak thudak at sistina.com
Fri Apr 27 16:11:22 GMT 2001

I've been monkeying with remote password changing for a bit now, and I can't
seem to get win98 to even *try* to change or even do a check on it before it's
denied and I get the "Unable to change password for Microsoft Networking
because of the following error: Incorrect Password"

I've setup the password chat a number of ways reflecting both
/usr/bin/passwd's syntax, as well as the smbpasswd but I don't even see
anything in the logs that looks remotely like an attempt to
verify/check/change/look at the password and it's associated files.

This is a winblows 98 machine
Samba 2.2.0 PDC
Log level 5

Any ideas would be great!