Dots ('.') in usernames

Periklis Charchalakis P.Charchalakis at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 19:42:37 GMT 2001

They contain a dot.
I 'patched' the problem by seting the logon home to \\%N\homes instead of
\\%N\%U. Works fine this way.

Everything else seems to work (policies, groups, profiles, passwd synch,
etc) but I have problems with the trusted domains. I can _trust_ the samba
domain to an NTsrv one but I can't make the NTsrv domain to be trusted by
the samba one. When I put the samba domain to the NTsrv as one that is
trusted by, the samba looks for a machine entry to the smbpasswd with the
name of the domain. I add this entry and when I repeat the procedure and
also put the proper password then the NTsrv says that the trust can't be
verified etc etc. Samba doesn't complain. But still the samba domain
doesn't trust the NTsrv one.

PC

--
FA EA F0 FF 00 F0