NT domain problem

Ext-Nikos.Lakoutsis at nokia.com Ext-Nikos.Lakoutsis at nokia.com
Mon Apr 23 09:45:37 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I have the following problem and I was wondering if you could help:

The problem exists in 2 servers one running Solaris 2.6 and the other HP-UX
10.20.

When I am adding the servers to the NT4 domain NCS_CA (with PDC ntcdhcpaca)
everything seems to work fine.
I am using "smbpasswd -j NCS_CA -r ntcdhcpbca" and they are joining the
domain ok.
I can access the servers from my NT client by typing their fully qualified
name but I cannot see the servers through the network neighborhood or by
typing \\server_name from the run window....
This was working in the past....

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys

Nikos

P.S.Here is the smb.conf
[global]
        workgroup = NCS_CA
        netbios name = NFS01CA
        server string = NFS HP-UX nfs01ca Samba Server
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = ntcdhcpbca ntcdhcpaca
        username map = /opt/samba/lib/smbusers
        debug level = 0
        log file = /opt/samba/log/log.%m
        max log size = 500
        name resolve order = lmhosts wins hosts bcast
        deadtime = 10
        max open files = 4000
        load printers = No
        local master = No