Samba 2.2.0 SRPMs available for Linux Mandrake 7.1 and 7.2

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Thu Apr 19 17:57:46 GMT 2001

Hi All,

I need to have samba 2.2.0 available on two production Linux Mandrake
machines, and have built my own RPMs. I started from the latest Mandrake
package for samba 2.0.7, and merged with the spec file provided in the
new packaging/Mandrake directory of the samba 2.2.0 release. I have also
migrated Mandrake's patched configuration files to packaging/Mandrake.
Most of the patches from 2.0.7-25mdk have been migrated to 2.2.0, but
there are a number that are not migrate ad used, and some that no longer
take - and have been commented out.

SRPMs, sources, patches and spec files for Mandrake 7.1 and 7.2 are
available at http://www.cae.co.za/~bgmilne/mandrake. Please read the
README.samba, and the changelog in the appropriate spec file, as there
are a number of issues you should be aware of.

Please note that I have not done extensive testing of either samba 2.2.0
as compiled by the spec file, nor the installation, upgrade, and removal
scripts. All I know is that it works, and that I can join a windows 2000
pro machine to a domain controlled by a Linux Mandrake 7.2 box with the
RPM I compiled from the SRPM. I will only be able to test the RPMs for
Linux Mandrake 7.1 on the weekend.

Subscibers of samba-ntdom at samba.org, please cc me directly as I am
subscribed in digest mode, and may otherwise only read you mail next
week once I have finished upgrading 45 Windows NT machines to Windows
2000 (if successful), or recompiling these RPMs a few times (if not
successful!). ;-)

Regards,
Buchan

P.S. for security-discuss: Sorry this took so long, the Samba team added
a packaging/Mandrake directory :-), but made the changes to the
packaging/RedHat directory :-( all since aplha3, so it took a bit longer
than expected.
Cellphone * Work               +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 808 2497