FW: samba-ntdom needed any more?

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Apr 19 05:37:28 GMT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:24:09 Elliot Mackenzie wrote:

> The NT domain feature is a very important (still relatively new)
> feature that a lot of people (including myself) have at one
> stage experienced problems with.  The fact that we get up
> to 30 emails a day through this mailing list seems to
> suggest that there are sufficient people who use this
> list to make it worthwhile.  I would personally find it
> more irritating having to double or triple my mail traffic
> each day just to receive the same emails I do currently (I am
> not a part of samba-main).

I don;t think anyone is implying that the Domain feature
is not important.  I just don't want to be answering identical
questions on Samba and samba-ntdom.  Maybe I should just
stick with Samba "main".

Of course, more experimental work will be coming soon, so
things will heat back up. :-)

For now, I'm going to monitor samba more due to the initial
release of 2.2.0.  However, I do feel that should this list remain,
it should not be for "How do I configure my Samba 2.2.0 PDC?"
That should be on samba at ... since it will benefit more people.
This list should be for testing new features in Samba related to
NT domains.  Samba-techical should remain for coordinating
development.

However, since i is not moderated, you are of course free to do
whatever you wish... :-) :-)

signing of.

Cheers, jerry

Cheers, jerry