How to have administrator rights

Dan Horth d.horth at tzlimited.com
Wed Apr 18 08:24:23 GMT 2001

Hi - kind of experienced with SAMBA - but a Win NT newbie, I've just
set up our samba server to be domain logon server for a bunch of Win
NT 4 and Win 98 workstations.

I was wondering whether I should be able to log in as administrator
using the domain logon and have administrator privileges on the
workstation.

I have the following in my [global] section of smb.conf

username map = /etc/samba/domainuser.map

and

/etc/samba/domainuser.map looks like this:

admin = Administrator
dan = Administrator

does this mean that I should be able to log in to a workstation as
either admin or dan and have Administrator rights on it? That's the
impression I got from the smb.conf man page and my SAMBA QUE book...

if I'm off track here can someone enlighten me as to how to get the
SAMBA domain logon server to tell the NT workstation logging in that
I should have full administrator rights?

TIA - dan.
--
Telezygology
Manager, Technical Systems