NT Remote Printer Installation doesn't work

Dariush Forouher dariush at forouher.de
Tue Apr 17 07:03:55 GMT 2001

Hello!

Adding a new printer on Samba 2.2.0alpha3 (CVS 04/13/01) with the Add Printer Wizard won't work.
The Dialog quits after uploading the files with
"This process couldn't finished. Access denied." (or similar)
I've selected the "samba printer port" (it's the only one, is that ok?) and used different printers (Generic/Text only; HP DJ 850C; HD Deskjet and some others), it makes no sense. I've tried it as user root and as a printer admin. For printer driver name i used those of the printcap file.
The driver upload works perfect, with windows 2k i can view and add drivers in the Server-features dialog. I can view them with

# ./rpcclient eridiani -U root%root -c "enumdrivers"
INFO: Debug class all level = 1   (pid 1288 from pid 1288)
session setup ok
Domain=[FOROUHER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.0-alpha3]

[Windows NT x86]
Printer Driver Info 1:
        Driver Name: [Generic / Text Only]

Printer Driver Info 1:
        Driver Name: [HP DeskJet 850C]

But when I try to view the current list of Printers (it should be empty) I get a segfault:
[log gzipped as attachment]

When i try to add a printer with rpcclient, i get the following:
...[log gzipped as attachment]...
result was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

The logoutput by the APW trial is to big (more than 700kb) for this mailing list.
i'll send it by mail if someone needs it.

is this a bug or have i done a mistake?

regards
Dariush Forouher

;/opt/samba-2.2.0/lib/smb.conf
[global]
        log level = 1
        max log size = 300000
        interfaces = eth0 lo
        bind interfaces only = true
        status = yes
        domain logons = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        workgroup = forouher
        domain admin group = @admin @root
        printer admin = @admin root
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = yes
        logon path = \\eridiani\profile\%U
        server string = Forouher Homeserver (%v CVS vom 13.4.01)
        logon script = %m\%U.bat
        logon drive = h:
        netbios name = eridiani
        guest account = ftp