Uppercase machine names ??

David Bannon dbannon at tpg.com.au
Mon Apr 16 13:43:27 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to find some time to update the FAQ and HowTo on Samba22 as a
PDC. Now, someone has sent me a message suggesting that they can get
everything working perfectly if thay use only uppercase machine names, ie
in /etc/passwd and ~/smbpasswd and at the W2K joining stages. I know that
Windows likes to uppercase such things but samba (usually) takes care of it.

Has anyone else experienced this funny business ??

David
David Bannon, phone mobile : 0418 525687
Private -                         Work -
Email :  dbannon at tpg.com.au	  D.Bannon at vpac.org
                                  http://www.vpac.org
Phone :  9337 4210                9925 4733