Planning

Mark Haney mhaney at info4cars.com
Fri Apr 13 08:11:06 GMT 2001

You know it's amazing to me how some people seem to think the people 'in the
know' can just figure what the heck they are trying to say with only a
couple of sentences.  You know, like 'my printer isn't working', that sort
of thing.  I hate to break this to you Tim, but, that just isn't enough
info.  Planning for what? Samba as the PDC? Just a memeber server? I mean
there's more to it that what you are telling us.  And allowing logins from
certain MAC addresses? Do you realize how much of a nightmare that will be
for you if someone in your IT staff replaces a bad NIC? Or the CEO decides
to buy a new PC Card for his laptop?  Why exactly would you need this
capability other than your need? If you tell us why you 'need' this maybe we
can figure out a better way that won't require as much work.

Don't just throw us a bone, we want the whole dog.