Con

Stokes edmundo at shitepie.net
Thu Apr 12 08:44:51 GMT 2001

Well I just had to try it, and sure enough... same error.  I also was unable
to create a file by the name of "con" on any writable share from the windows
box, nor would it allow me to change the name of an existing file to "con".
However, I was allowed (naturally) to create the file and folder from the
samba server, command-line style, and then windows would let me write to the
folder or the file without any problems.  It would not let me delete or
rename the file or folder created on the samba server.  But I could rm it
from the server, of course.

I'm running Win2k sp1 everything current, and samba server is FreeBSD with
alpha 2.2 from CVS on march 3 (i think).

Andre, I suggest you create this folder from the command line on the samba
server as a temprary solution to your problem.

Marshall Stokes