Con

andre.doehn at econia.com andre.doehn at econia.com
Thu Apr 12 08:17:30 GMT 2001

hi,
iam using samba 2.2 alpha 3 and i got the same error message when
i try to create this folder "con" or "Con" with a german win2k sp1.

andre

                    "Gerrit Nottorf"
                    <nottorf at roeders.de>           To:     <samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org>
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    samba-ntdom-admin at lists        Subject:     Con
                    .samba.org

                    12.04.2001 10:14
                    Please respond to
                    nottorf

Hallo everybody!
I have curios effect if I name a directory "Con" or "con" on our Linux /
Samba-Server. Under Win this directory cannot be renamed, deleted or
similar
(the rights are correct...). There pops up an error-message, telling me the
filename is too long or the file is damaged. If I extend or shorten the
name
of the directory under Linux everything works on the win-machines, I can do
everything with the directory. I just can't name it "Con".Wouldn't be that
bad if I would not need this name, but I do.

Regards,
Gerrit Nottorf
ALBRECHT RÖDERS GMBH

email : nottorf at roeders.de