2.2 release imminent.

David Schwarz dave at deakin.edu.au
Thu Apr 12 05:36:52 GMT 2001

Jeremy,

we have just discovered a bug in 2.07 and it seems to still happen in 2.2a1,
Although we have only undertaken limited testing of 2.2.

We are running with NIS and encrypted password.

If we create a share, and say all members of Group A can access it,
and some users in Group A do not exist any longer, then the share mounts
but it takes a long, long time, it must wait for some sort of timeout before
accepting the mount.

Has anybody else reported this issue ?.
I'm not sure at this time if this is samba or nis causing the issue.

We are currently checking all our groups to ensure they only contain valid
users,
but it took a while to work out why some shares took forever to mount,
while others happened allmost instantly.

Dave...