syncing print drivers between two samba servers

Rajeev Agrawala rajeeva at research.bell-labs.com
Tue Apr 10 21:03:51 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have samba 2_2_alpha3 running on two machines. I want to install
drivers on one machine and then I want to keep the other machine in sync
with the first. Can I get away with doing the following

1. sync the print$ share
2. copy sambadir/var/locks/ntdrivers.tdb to the second samba server.

Should I shutdown any/both samba servers, while I am doing this? I would
really like to avoid, shutting down server, if I can. Would smbd read
the new tdb file on it own?

Thanks,

rajeev