NT 4.0/ Samba (PDC/BDC passwords)

Chill hillcj at geocities.com
Tue Apr 10 19:53:53 GMT 2001

Currently i have 2 servers, a NT 4.0 PDC and a Samba 2.0.7 BDC.

I am trying to make the Samba BDC a PDC and get rid of the NT 4.0 PDC all
together.  I almost have everything converted over, profiles, logon
scripts, maps, files, setup smb.conf properly, etc., but i don't know
how to move the passwords over.  Currently i just have samba relay the
logon request to the NT server.  Is there anyway of importing the users
and passwords directly into the smbpasswd file without having to add all
200 users individually.