goldmine - anyone using it with 2.2a3?

kat kathee at mindiq.com
Tue Apr 10 12:48:21 GMT 2001

Hi,

Have a problem and the vendor is of course trying to blame
linux/samba.  Goldmine, a contact management app, which installs the app on
the workstation including all DLL's and simply mantains data files on the
server, continues to corrupt the data files.  It is not to a point of being
unusable, we simply have to stop all processing in Goldmine, rebuild all
indices and continue -- takes about 40 minutes. The vendor has said they do
not support Linux. Of course I explained this had nothing to do with
it.  Later they came back and asked if Linux/samba did locking -- I said
yes (I had level 2 locks turned on) They said to turn then off.  I did --
problem is worse.

Bottom line, is anyone else running an app like this off a samba server
where the app does the record locking but seems to lose it's mind now and
then?  For what it is worth, the previous version we had (4.0 -- now we are
at 5.5) did not have any of these problems... You would think the vendor
would get a clue.

thanks
Kat