PAM on Solaris experiences

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Fri Apr 6 09:01:16 GMT 2001

Maurice Hoeneveld wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I hope there is a wise guy out there who can hep us out.
> Im busy with the installation of a Solaris 7 (intel) machine which is
> memeber of a NT domain and also can be used from outside the campus
> using ftp (ProFTP)
>
> One of my questions is
> Has anyone experiences with running PAM on Solaris for the NT user validation

no, but runs fine in linux and sftp (sshd). Our pam.d lines are:
--
#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient     /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so

and the /etc/pam_smb.conf lines (Domain, PDC1, PDC2):
---
CTI-SMB-D1
PDC-D
pdc2
---

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/