Caution Stoopid Newbie

Mark Haney mhaney at info4cars.com
Wed Apr 4 16:03:14 GMT 2001

Look let's all stop the BS here.  YOu know the old saying about opinions.
In this case I think everyone is correct to a point.  Samba 2.0.7 _does_
support NT domains, but, IMHO, doesn't work well as an NT PDC.  And when I
say NT Domain, I mean say it to mean any network that uses the NT domain
model regardless of the DC's OS type.

As well, when someone says 'log in' to a machine, as an admin I take that to
mean authenticate yourself as a user on that machine, which is different
from _authenticating_.  It's just a matter of wording in order to clarify
what the user is trying to do.  I 'log in' to my workstation.  But I
_authenticate_ to the NT domain controller in order to allow access to the
network.  Therefore, when I see someone wanting to 'log in', especially with
a *nix box in question, I think telnet.

So now that that's established, let's concentrate more on helping him than
flaming each other.  I stand by what I say, however, I do apologize for the
tone of my earlier emails.  And I will be more than happy off list to argue
the points I made.