samba-2.2.0-alpha3 spec for RedHat 7.0

Augis ejs at delfi.lt
Wed Apr 4 14:08:48 GMT 2001

David Bannon wrote:

> At the risk of offending some hard working people, do we really want to
> encourage rms releases of samba 2.2.alpha stuff ?

Anyway, SPEC file should be correct for the release version?

A good deal of the
> problems that we see on this list is due to people trying to get a cvs
> version going over top of a previously installed rms version. The main
> problem being that rms makers like to put config files in /etc/, logs in
> /var/log and so on and the non rms keeps all the samba files (by default)
> in one nice tidy tree.

Ok. I had some printing problems when running 2.2.0-alpha2 with CUPS
(one station was mysteriosly crashing while printing).
  The easiest solution was mounting CD (via smbfs :), copying
samba-2.0.7 rpm's, backing current Samba config; rpm -e
samba-2.2.0-alpha2; rpm -i samba*-2.0.7.rpm

Is it possible via CVS?

--
  Augis