TNG-stable

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Sep 29 17:04:50 GMT 2000

Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> Martin Kuhne wrote:
> >
> > This is a myth. See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/kerbtech.asp
> > (including the PAC specs)
>
> Ah, I had not realised that the documents had been re-released sans the
> original "license" claiming them as trade secrets. Thanks for clearing
> up the misunderstanding.

They haven't. This link takes you to the original .exe
containing the "trade secret" license.

Note the web site says :

"Microsoft is publishing this information to enable third party validation of the
Windows 2000 security model to benefit enterprise customers,
developers and the industry"

Note it says nothing about publishing to allow interoperable
implementations to be written.

It's the same thing that caused all the fuss on slashdot.

This format still has not been released without restriction.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.