[OT] Programmatically converting a UNIX passwd hash to an MD5hash?

David Allan Finch david.allan at finch.org
Fri Sep 29 14:38:17 GMT 2000

Steve Langasek wrote:

> However, it's
> easy enough to add a hook to a program so that, after verifying that the user
> has entered the correct password, the password file is updated with the md5
> equivalent.

Intresting. I would have thought that having to hash's two work on
you could reduce the amount of work needed to figure out a password.

--
   /     The whole history of this invention has been a struggle
/\|/\    against time - Charles Babbage 1837 on the Analytical Engine
\___/    david.allan at finch.org - http://www.ironfort.com