Problems with TNG 2.6 and Solaris

Marek Stancel stancel at netlife.de
Fri Sep 29 13:50:16 GMT 2000

Hi all,

we have following problems, which I would like discuss with you:

We installed Samba-TNG 2.6 on RH 6.1 to testing it.
I read the HOWTO from Oliver Korbl on the www.pro-linux.de Page.
We testet it with some Win95/98 WinNT 4.0 Workstation,
Win NT4 Terminalserver with Cytrix Metaframe and an Win2000.

What does not works was, that Win9X Clients could not run
the netlogon script, but NT Clients does.

Then we installed the same samba on an Sparc Solaris7 machine.
The problems we now have are:
    *bin/smbpasswd was not installed.
    *WinNt Clients can not run the netlogon skript.
    *When we restart samba-tng, no more user can
    log in to the WinNT-Terminalserver. (Domaincontroller not found).
    After restert of this machine - it works.

On which platform does Samba-TNG works best ?
Are there spetial options for Solaris with which I have to run
the configure script?

Thank you,

Marek Stancel
(sorry for my bad english)