NT Admin Logon

Roman, James (J.D.) jroman6 at ford.com
Fri Sep 29 13:09:02 GMT 2000

Didn't see a response to this so I'll offer some help, if you didn't receive
any.  Create a unix group to maintain your administrators.  Say for example
you called it "admin".  Use the Domain Admin group option to identify your
admin group.  Your smb.conf entry should look something like:

domain admin group = @admin

Don't forget the @ sign before the group name.  Note that this will only
give you administrative rights on the NT workstations.  This will not allow
members of the admin group to administer samba.  While you could manipulate
the Unix permissions on the server, to allow members of the group the
ability to administer some aspects of samba, make sure you have a detailed
understanding of the security implications before thinking about doing this.