Mapping NT groups to Unix groups

Pazdnikov Alexander sasha at acmep.ustu.ru
Fri Sep 29 05:20:59 GMT 2000

Rod Sanborn wrote:

> Hello Alexander,
>
> Thanks for the information.  How does TNG differ from Samba, is it stable
> (can I run it in a production environment), and where do I get it?

  What does it mean 'production environment' ?
I have 36 computers, including two servers running Linux RedHat. I'm
working
in an industrial firm and use TNG, because Samba-Stable-Branch (2.0.7)
support's NTDomain very poor.
  In TNG there are some troubles when using it as PDC, but they are
nothing in comparement with it's features (NTDomain for example).

  Using TNG for 3 months, I've no troubles with it, but changing an NT
user's password (need to be changed directly from "bin/samedit").

  So , Luke, COME BACK TO TNG, PLEASE.

--
Alexander Pazdnikov