Is there a Samba LDAP mailing list?

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Thu Sep 28 21:04:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Aaron D. Brooks wrote:

> Less of a wishlist more of a just something to keep in mind:
>
> 	The current flexibility which is offered through macro expansion
> of groups is outstanding. It would be good to maintain the current
> functionallity of NIS group expansion with the addition of some form of
> LDAP group macro expansion. e.g.
>
> 	write list = root, @syadmins, @%S-admin :ldap-group

Interresting ! I understand why you want such a feature, but I disagree on
the technical side.

By using nss_ldap, you can do that already.

To clear things, we (Gerry and myself mainly) want to support LDAP to
replace the smbpasswd file. We don't want to replace the Unix security
with direct calls to LDAP from Samba.

The first line of the future ldap.txt file will propably be: "If you want
full LDAP support, you need nss_ldap and pam_ldap"

	J.F.