Changing Password from NT4 Workstation to Samba

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Thu Sep 28 16:43:37 GMT 2000

If the client only access the samba services, or if they don't mind
having to manually sync their unix password and samba/windows password,
why not turn samba into a PDC ? This will allow them to change their
samba password from NT by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and choosing "Change
Passowrd"

Buchan
(Running samba 2.0.7 as a PDC for about 35 NT clients and 50 users)

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za