Odp: Re: I will pay for getting SAMBA going

Rafał Szcześniak rszczesniak at mis.com.pl
Thu Sep 28 10:40:35 GMT 2000

Richard Sharpe <sharpe at ns.aus.com>
00-09-27 15:28

        Do:     Rafał Szcześniak <rszczesniak at mis.com.pl>, Diran Afarian
<business at ours.com>
        DW:     samba-ntdom at us4.samba.org
        Temat:  Re: I will pay for getting SAMBA going

At 06:46 PM 9/27/00 +0200, =?iso-8859-2?q?Rafa=B3_Szcze=B6niak?= wrote:
>1. Is that Samba the PDC for your NT workstation ?
>
>2. "Now I can see the hard Drive in my NetworkNeighborhood but I
>cannot log in." - you mean you can browse Cobalt's shares, but
>you can't connect to them ?

This seems unlikely, because to browse a share from Windows requires that
you actually connect to them, while simply browsing the server to see the
shares does not require a connection to the individual shares, only the
hidden IPC$ share. (Samba treats that share specially!)

That's exactly what I mean in my question.
Sorry, I've described this incorrectly.

>Rafa³
>

>Diran Afarian <business at ours.com>
>Wys³ane przez: samba-ntdom-admin at us4.samba.org
>00-09-27 18:28
>

>        Do:     samba-ntdom at samba.org
>        DW:
>        Temat:  I will pay for getting SAMBA going
>

>I will pay if someone can get samba going where I can see our
>(Linux/Apache) Cobalt server's Hard Drive and access it from our NT on
the

>same network. Now I can see the hard Drive in my NetworkNeighborhood but
>
>cannot log in.
>
>If anyone can help me get that going I will gladly pay for the service.
>
>Thank you,
>Diran Afarian
>(626)796-3100

Regards