Reusing SID

Anders Thorsen anders at cwd.no
Thu Sep 28 01:25:21 GMT 2000

There is three things which identifies a machine in an WinNT Domain:

        - Machine Name
        - Machine SID
        - Password

The last one makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do what you want to, i.e. if you
managed to give your samba-workstation the password,
so that it could log in, the NT machine would eventually change it so that
it could no longer log in. Or vice verce.

The easiest way to go about this is naming the machine / OS:
        TEST-NT
        TEST-BSD
        TEST-LINUX

-----Anders