REALLY NEED SOME QUICK HELP! -PLEASE!!

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Wed Sep 27 13:45:53 GMT 2000

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 01:29:17AM -0500, Adam.Propeck at fallon.com wrote:

> I submitted this problem before but haven't received a response.

Sorry, perhaps you noticed the traffic here :) I'm afraid you got drowned
out.

> I really need some help here guys (and
> gals).  Please let me know ASAP as I am currently working on our 2
> production servers now and can't wait!  THANKS in advance, ADAM PROPECK

Let's get back to serious work then. :)

> I am running SAMBA 2.0.7 on a Solaris 2.7 Box, and want to continue to have
> an NT4 PDC.

I'm not into Solaris, but it should be similar to Debian Linux in this case
(I hope) :)

> I am having difficulty with password sync from NT to the
> Solaris side of things.  I would like to have users on Win98/NT
> workstations be able to change their passwords on the NT side through
> CTRL-ALT-DEL, Change Password, and then get SAMBA and our /etc/passwd to
> sync to the new password.  How can I go about doing this?

Let's see what you have here.

>       passwd program = /bin/passwd %u
>       passwd chat debug = Yes
>       username map = /etc/user.map
>       unix password sync = Yes

Hm, I think it is connected with the %u (username). I'm not shure whether
this is the SMB or the Unix username. Might any of you guys who work with
this on a regular basis reply?
passwd chat debug will only help you for the "passwd chat" option and a log
level of 100.

Ever tried this, by the way?
Have a look at the online version of the Using Samba book. it's explained in
chapter 6.4. Check this and then please write again.

Hope I could help

Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

It's better to burn out than it is to rust.