TNG suitablity for production systems ?

J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Sep 26 17:36:04 GMT 2000

Following the recent bickering about TNG, can I ask this of the
assembled masses...

How many of us are using TNG in live systems?

We're running a combination of Samba 2.x and 3.x to run a
network of 50 or so NT boxes, 300 or so users. Office politics
lead to the demise
of a 'real' NT server, and Samba 3 / TNG was *tested* and found to
be reliable for authentication and file sharing. It had a few bugs
which stopped printing from working, hence the Samba 2.x servers
for print sharing.

It seems stable, but with recent claims I'm now wondering whether
we're going to run in to BIG problems sometime soon, if the PDC
goes, we have problems...

Jayne.

--
      Jayne Gilmour, BSc. MSc.  Unix & Network Administrator

    "Why is line printer paper strongest at the perforations?"