MS "breaking" Samba

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tue Sep 26 11:13:08 GMT 2000

> Paul Leach wrote:

I'm not a Samba team member, but as I remember Samba needed to upgrade
from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 just to serve files to Win2k machines, so your claim
that you tested Win 2000 against Samba to ensure compatibility as file
server must be false!

DC functionality was not supported so testing against it was obviously
not required, anyway win2k does not function with samba 2.0.x in NT4
compatibility mode(how much compatible is then??)

I hate to see this kind of statements from employee of a company that is
proven to have made unfair practices, I think taht if you care your
personal reputation you should check twice and prove your statements
before speaking.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451