(no subject)

Eric Delaet ericd at kava.be
Tue Sep 26 07:52:32 GMT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, greg wrote:

> Hi. On Samba TNG 2.6 Login scripts and roaming profiles don't work for my
> windows 98 machines.  It downloads the profile but won't upload nor will it
> start a login script.

For the logon script: Make sure you create the batchfile under Dos/Win, or
convert the batchfile you created under *nix with unix2dos.
Unix uses only linefeeds to seperate lines, Win uses carr. + lf.
NT is quite happy with the unix format, but Win9x clients will refuse to
execute the batchfile if it is created under *nix

Eric