TNG-stable

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Tue Sep 26 01:48:59 GMT 2000

Karl Denninger wrote:

> Not the same thing.
>
> With FreeBSD I can get a DAILY update of every change to HEAD.  I can run
> it too, if I dare (and dare is the right word, since it doesn't always even
> build - say much less install)
>
> If Samba's team provides less, then you ARE NOT an open development
> environment.  If I cannot get the changes you check in 5 minutes after you
> do it (should I poll the CVS server at that point in time) then you're
> simply not an open project.

I can vouch for that. I have had patches (only very minor) applied to
samba on my behalf and it has been the same day.

This is really quite an unproductive "argument" and is not helping
anybody.

Matt

--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3