TNG-stable

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Mon Sep 25 21:11:35 GMT 2000

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 03:40:31PM -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 01:29:17PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > >
> > > due to what i consider to be incredible arrogance on the part of the
> > > primary samba developers, whose opinion of TNG and the people i have been
> > > encouraging to help with TNG's development - including yourself, if you
> > > use TNG - is, by association, extremely low, you will have to ask that
> > > question of them, not of me.
> >
> > Luke,
> >
> > 	Deciding not to work on Samba is your choice, and
> > everyone is fine with that. What is not good is your continuous
> > criticism of the people who *are* still working on Samba
> > and attempting to forward the project as fast as possible.
> >
> > Please follow the advice my mother gave me when I was very
> > small, "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say
> > anything at all".
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Jeremy Allison,
> > 	Samba Team.
>
> I'm sorry, Jeremy, I disagree.
>
> Luke is free to express his opinion, particularly when it impacts on
> his efforts.
>
> You are free to ignore them if you wish.
>
> Science - and indeed, any study of anything - is not advanced by your
> pearl of wisdom. In fact, it is advanced by exactly the opposite.
>
> If you are unable to stand the public heat of criticism, even heated
> criticism, get the hell out of the kitchen.

Seeing this is leading to a flame war, I'd like to add that this hassle
isn't leading anywhere. I think most of us would still like a official
statement concerning what will be done  about PDC compatibility with samba.
If you still like to fight like children...

Greetings

Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
		-- Winston Churchill