TNG-stable

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon Sep 25 20:47:20 GMT 2000

Karl Denninger wrote:

> I'm sorry, Jeremy, I disagree.
>
> Luke is free to express his opinion, particularly when it impacts on
> his efforts.
>
> You are free to ignore them if you wish.
>
> Science - and indeed, any study of anything - is not advanced by your
> pearl of wisdom. In fact, it is advanced by exactly the opposite.
>
> If you are unable to stand the public heat of criticism, even heated
> criticism, get the hell out of the kitchen.

I'm not going on about criticism. I am happy with criticism,
that happens all the time (just look at my code and what people
say about it all the time :-) :-).

It is statements like this that I object to :

"what i consider to be incredible arrogance on the part of the
primary samba developers, whose opinion of TNG and the people i have been
encouraging to help with TNG's development - including yourself, if you
use TNG - is, by association, extremely low"

This is not code criticism, it's not even constructive.
It's *whining*. It isn't about the code, it's just a complaint,
and it achieves nothing other than to upset the people who
have been using the TNG code (which is being moved into the
HEAD branch as fast as we can do so, btw. ).

If luke really wanted to help he would be part of this effort,
but that's not what he wants to do. Well that's fine, I have
no problems with him deciding to do this, but complainaing about
the reasons behind his decisions is just a waste of time.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.