TNG-stable

Karl Denninger karl at Denninger.Net
Mon Sep 25 20:40:31 GMT 2000

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 01:29:17PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > due to what i consider to be incredible arrogance on the part of the
> > primary samba developers, whose opinion of TNG and the people i have been
> > encouraging to help with TNG's development - including yourself, if you
> > use TNG - is, by association, extremely low, you will have to ask that
> > question of them, not of me.
>
> Luke,
>
> 	Deciding not to work on Samba is your choice, and
> everyone is fine with that. What is not good is your continuous
> criticism of the people who *are* still working on Samba
> and attempting to forward the project as fast as possible.
>
> Please follow the advice my mother gave me when I was very
> small, "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say
> anything at all".
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Jeremy Allison,
> 	Samba Team.

I'm sorry, Jeremy, I disagree.

Luke is free to express his opinion, particularly when it impacts on
his efforts.

You are free to ignore them if you wish.

Science - and indeed, any study of anything - is not advanced by your
pearl of wisdom. In fact, it is advanced by exactly the opposite.

If you are unable to stand the public heat of criticism, even heated
criticism, get the hell out of the kitchen.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	Cost-effective Consulting Solutions
http://childrens-justice.org	Working to protect children's rights