Future/end of TNG (was Re: I don't understand something ...)

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Mon Sep 25 20:33:02 GMT 2000

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 03:40:43PM -0400, Mike Westkamper wrote:
> Please understand the work here is being done by a few dedicated folks who are
> not financially compensated for there efforts. Perhaps a little help is in order
> rather than throwing up of hands and doing what Bill wants you to do.
>
> Can you help?

Actually, that is what I suggested to Luke. I'm currently not in that
matter, but since I'm just pupil and working only part time, I have plenty
of time to spare :) just joking :)
No, honest, I'd like to see the "original" TNG team to go on with this. I'm
really sorry they got dismotivated in this matter. But still I think even if
I'm not even one tenth as good as theese guys, I think doing a little is
better than just sitting back and complaining about life and everything.
And since I also don't want to run a Win2k server, and our backup server is
also a BDC, I need samba TNG!

So, come on, you guys!! There should be _some_ programmers out there!! Let's
rescue TNG.

> > > Luke has quit Samba.
> > > I've stopped to work on Samba TNG, because it isn't any
> > > more fun without Luke. My complete motivation has gone
> > > together with him.
> > > Sander also hasn't got any motivation. (But he might
> > > comment on that himself)
> > >
> > > So, no one is working any more on TNG.

We could change this. After all that's the concept behind open source!!

> > > TNG is now something like a "reference implementation", but
> > > nothing more. (And if it is used as such, is another
> > > question)

We don't have to use it as this!

Don't let me down, folks!

Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
		-- Winston Churchill