smbpasswd -> /etc/passwd

Rafał Szcześniak rszczesniak at mis.com.pl
Mon Sep 25 17:15:05 GMT 2000

There's no script converting smbpasswd into passwd/shadow
because smb passwords are encrypted with different algorithm
than the unix passwd (both shadow and md5). So, direct converting
is almost impossible because it would have to work like
brute force attack...

The only way is to use samba 'unix sync password' feature.
To trace problem, you need more "rich" log files.

Rafał

"Brian Wilson" <wilson at sentrisystems.com>
Wysłane przez: samba-ntdom-admin at us4.samba.org
00-09-25 19:09