Samba as PDC

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Sep 25 12:01:01 GMT 2000

At 03:00 PM 9/25/00 +0200, =?utf-8?Q?Tom_Schr=C3=B6der?= wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I read a lot about using Samba as an PDC. I don't want to setup tons of NT-
>Servers for our Windows 98 clients. Therefore I'm looking for a solution to
>provide all these services from a linux box. The authentication should
also be
>at a central point. Could anybody give me some hints which tools I should
use
>(25 users).

Hi, I wrapped the lines for you ....

If your clients are exclusively Win98, then you do not need the PDC
capabilities of Samba.

Please see the book Special Edition, Using Samba (better than the other
book with a similar name :-) for copious details on both logging onto Samba
from Win9X clients and using Samba as a PDC with WinNT clients ...

>have fun,
>
>bye!tom
>--
> /  Tom Schroeder - Network & Systems Operator                \
>|  Innonics GmbH - Am Holzgraben 3 - 30161 Hannover - GERMANY  |
> \  Visit: http://www.innonics.de/                            /

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com