The system can not log you on (C0000078)

Marek Stancel stancel at netlife.de
Mon Sep 25 12:00:09 GMT 2000

Hi all,

sorry, but I have to ask you once more for help.

>we are using samba-tng 2.6 as PDC.
>Since a NT machine crashed on which
>I was logged in, I can not log in to
>the domain from any NT machine.
>The message I become is:
>"The system can not log you on (C0000078).
>Please try again or consult your system
>administrator."

... and this tells me the Logfile:
TODO: verify that the rid exists
TODO: verify that the rid exists
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: _lsa_open_secret: couldn't open secret_db. Possible attack?
uid=0, gid=0, euid=60001, egid=60001
_lsa_open_secret failed with 0xc0000022
[...]
prs_grow_data: 32 > 30
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
After I heve removed user "stancel" and my profile, I create
a new user "stancel" - but I've the same problems.
-> removing profile and userid from smbpasswd are the
information about the user not 100% removed !?
How can I remove all information about the user?
Is there any other way to fix this problem ?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Marek