Problems with samba v. 2.0.6

Usai, Mariagrazia Mariagrazia.Usai at infores.com
Fri Sep 22 07:04:33 GMT 2000

	Hi, can you help me?
	I configured the samba server v. 2.0.6 on a HP-UX 11.00 system to
share a large directory ( 80Gbytes ) in a NT domain with NT 4.0 clients.
	The security method is 'domain', and the access to the share is
granted by a read and write list of unix groups. All the parameters in
smb.conf file are set to their default values.
	After few minutes the server is started, a core is dumped on the
/opt/samba/bin directory, and a new core is dumped each 10-15 minutes, even
if any user access the share or browse the server.
	However, the server continue to stay up and running, but if I start
from 10 clients a process that access ( read and write ) continuosly and
concurrently a great number of large files ( average size: 500Mbytes ) on
the share, each client stops the process because a network error ( read
error on the share ) occurred.
	What I can do?
	Thanks in advance for your help.
	Maria Grazia Usai.