Samba and LDAP

Rafał Szcześniak rszczesniak at mis.com.pl
Thu Sep 21 17:36:59 GMT 2000

Yes, there are some.

First of all LDAP is not a flat file - it's hierarchical structure.
It means that you can have one directory tree for whole
organization. This leads to centralized management of
network. Different parts of tree may hold objects/accounts
for different users/groups corresponding to organizational
strusture.
Besides, LDAP objects are more flexible and easier to
integrate with existing LDAP authentication/naming schemas
like pam_ldap/nss_ldap.
LDAP support in Samba will develop - it might be "natural"
way to full support of win2k ActiveDir capabilities ...
Are these reasons enough ?

Rafał

"Denis J. Cirulis" <monster at okb.lv>
Wysłane przez: samba-ntdom-admin at us4.samba.org