Terminal Server and samba config 2.0.7

Grotnes Per Kjetil PBE-SIT PerKjetil.Grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no
Thu Sep 21 15:08:18 GMT 2000

> The problem is not SAMBA specific. Well, sort of... As Solaris does have
> rather low default limit of 1024 file descriptors per process and you
> might be hitting it first (unless you've tuned the rlim_fd_max). In
>either case
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/1/62.ASP is the
> way to work the problem around.

Ah, excellent Andy.  I have done as  suggested in the article.  Another fix which is
described as the samba-fix is the "nt smb support = no" in the "smb.conf" file.

I did both fixes and we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if this works.

(articles on the other fix:
http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/samba/Jul-1999/msg00015.html)

Thanks alot for the help.

Regards
Per Kjetil Grotnes
---
IT-Seksjonen, Plan- og bygningsetaten, Oslo Kommune
Tlf: 22 66 26 61, Fax: 22 66 26 65