Terminal Server and samba config 2.0.7

Andy Polyakov appro at fy.chalmers.se
Thu Sep 21 14:13:02 GMT 2000

> As we have only 5 clients (the Windows Terminal Servers) and 70 users on each
> server the "one process pr. client" is overloaded.
>
> With a NT workstation that might work nicely, but with a Terminal server where each
> user opens 10 samba disks  you suddenly have 70*10=700 connections trough one
> samba-client process (smbd -D type process).

The problem is not SAMBA specific. Well, sort of... As Solaris does have
rather low default limit of 1024 file descriptors per process and you
might be hitting it first (unless you've tuned the rlim_fd_max). In
either case
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/1/62.ASP is the
way to work the problem around.

Andy.