Samba as member to NT PDC

Rafał Szcześniak rszczesniak at mis.com.pl
Wed Sep 20 16:34:27 GMT 2000

If it's about file serving I'd suggest Samba HEAD.
If stability is also very important - Samba 2.0.7, though I didn't
notice any problems with Samba HEAD.

smb.conf setting as suggested.

Jody Haynes <Jody.Haynes at isunnetworks.com>
Wysłane przez: samba-ntdom-admin at us4.samba.org
00-09-20 17:29

        Do:     "Castellanos, Leon" <lcastellanos at techtrader.com>
        DW:     "'samba-ntdom at lists.samba.org'" <samba-ntdom at us4.samba.org>
        Temat:  Re: Samba as member to NT PDC

Leon,

You could use samba-tng with the following directives:

security = DOMAIN
password server = <NT PDC Hostname>
encrypt passwords = Yes

--Jody

Castellanos, Leon [lcastellanos at techtrader.com] wrote:
> I am currently in the process of setting up samba for a EMC clariion
> storage solution connected to a Sun Ultra 60 running Solaris 8.
> I want to use of the NT PDC on our network for authentication and
> want to know which branch is the best suited for this purpose:
>
> Samba_2.0
> HEAD-Branch
> SAMBA-TNG or
> HEAD with TNG